Welcome to our new volunteer training and taxpayer education platform.
Read below to learn more about our courses offered and get started!
LABC Learn hosts our new volunteer training and learning platform. Here you can learn more about and complete the IRS certification process, tax law updates, or simply brush up on your TaxSlayer knowledge.
Want to Learn More about Volunteering with
The Louisville Asset Building Coalition provides free tax preparation services to over 13,000 hardworking individuals and families across the Louisville Metro area.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) volunteers help Louisville taxpayers save over $1.5 million in tax preparation fees alone. Become a certified volunteer tax preparer and help your community saved their hard earned money!
Learn a Useful Skill: Gain a specialized skill you will use your whole life!
Local + Meaningful: By helping people get the refunds they deserve, you also help stimulate the local economy!.
An Experience Like No Other: Work with our team in an exciting environment while making a difference in your community.
New Ways to Volunteer!
We take the health and safety of our volunteers seriously, and are offering a variety of ways to get involved!
- In-Person, with client interaction
- Assist clients with organizing their tax documents and completing a brief intake form. All volunteers and clients are required to follow appropriate mask and social distancing guidelines.
- In-Person, without client interaction
- Volunteer at one of our sites to help upload client information to our secure document portal, contact outstanding clients, and prepare tax returns.
- Conduct an intake interview, prepare and quality review tax returns, or answer client questions. Even remotely, you can have a big impact in helping us serve at full capacity this tax season!